RE: February banner; take 2

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 12:08 +0100, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
www.gnome.org isn't just for developers who know about the release process.
Personally, I'd hate it if the first impression people got of GNOME was
"BUGS!".

I don't object to a bug-themed page, but I'd like to have the page emphasize "help us find bugs as we prepare for 2.6".... the connection between 2.5 and 2.6 as unstable/stable sides of the same coin is not obvious to (uninitiated) people, and therefore isn't the best way to get new people to join in the bug hunt (those who understand the schedule are probably already involved...).   So maybe "Help us squash bugs: test GNOME 2.5 now!"

Then the blurb can have something about the bug hunt and how GNOME 2.5 is the beta version and GNOME 2.6 is due out soon,etc. And then how to install and a link to the simple bug report page...

a.
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net