Re: Updated Homepage Idea

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 10:30, Eric Larson wrote:

> http://ionrock.umemusic.com/gnome/

I like it.

I strongly believe this page, and all previous homepages, assumes too
much about the user.  This page is a gateway and announcement page.  I
think the items in the navigation need to be expounded upon to help
orient the user to where he is and the section where he probably wants
to be.  I do think we need to establish the navigation on this page for
returning users who need a quick reminder of where they can accomplish
their task.  I want to continue showing a selected announcements that
represent the GNOME project in general.  Announcements like the recent
SUN deals that show GNOME's progress help promote the project.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.