Re: Updated Software Map test site

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 07:20:43AM +0100, Steve Fox wrote:
> Please take a trip on over to
>
> http://gnome.foxhut.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php
>
> to view the latest revision.
>
> I think almost everything suggested after the first posting has been
> implemented now (except for the projects below the sub-category listing
> that Greg suggested). I would write up exactly what's changed, but I'm
> way too tired right now.
>
> Enjoy and please send me any suggestions.

A couple of things from Joakims original design doc - these are nice
frills IMHO so not needed asap - how feasible are

* and equivalence field, e.g. evolution <-> outlook, gimp <-> photoshop,
excel <-> gnumeric, etc. I guess this should be searchable so that
searching for outlook equivalents gives;

.
.
balsa
evolution
Tradeclient
sylpheed
.
.

* supported file types field, e.g. .mp3 -> xmms, .doc -> abiword,
staroffice. Sort of like an online searchable mime type database.

These two would help cover alot of new user questions.

Look forward to seeing the new stuff when your isp / port 80 issues are
sorted.

Thanks

Paul