Logical Site Structure

I want to keep pushing our discussion on each component of the site
(design, structure, graphics, code, content) in parallel so that they're
balanced, coordinated and evenly developed. So I made an attempt at
categorizing all of the existing GNOME content and proposed some
restructuring in a comprehensive outline about four levels deep, with
applicable (and verbose) comments, here:

http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/structure-stevehall-01.htm

This is NOT intended to be a topical or task-oriented structure, just
the physical or logical one. I assumed that task-oriented navigation
would be accomplished through a secondary structure of menus and
headlines supplementing this logical arrangement.

Doing this helped me to see the volume of information we have to deal
with and also the complete disarray much of it is in (particularly
Developer/Architecture). I've tried to integrate many of the concepts
we've been discussing over the weeks but it was tough just getting all
the content in. If I've missed a point of agreement we've already had
and there's enough discussion about it this week, I could try another go
next weekend.

Steve  [ digitect mindspring com ]