Problems with SMB module

Hi,

I'm browsing a local Samba share using either
nautilus or gnome-python gnomevfs package.. It works like a charm
excepted that my samba server forks *lots* of process, and these
connections are never closed. I ended with about 200 smbd processes, and
a loadavg of 195 ...

If i try to browse my share using smbclient, smbd forks one process
which is killed when i exit smbclient. This makes me think there could
be a bug in GnomeVFS SMB module.. What's your opinion ?

What can i do to help solve the problem ? I'm using Gnome 2.14.

Kind regards,
Philippe