how to install gnome vfs on AIX

Hello everyone,

I have just recently started to look into gnome vfs. On the AIX developement server here we have gnome vfs installed from http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/download.html

which is using version 2.4.0. Do you all know if sftp is supported in this version? I have been able to get file:// ftp:// and ssh:// (using a ssh agent) to work in my application  however, when passing sftp in the URI it returns the message that sftp is an invalid URI. When using ssh is it using sftp or is it doing a something else?

I would like to have the most up to date version of gnome vfs for AIX, however I am from an MS Windows background so I'm not really sure how to build gnome vfs and all of its dependencies. Could you all please guide me through the steps or provide a link that i n detail shows how to build and install gnome vfs for the use of developing applications on AIX? Also I can use gcc to build this however, do you know if xlc has ever been successfully used in building gnome vfs?
Thank you for your time.

Wen