Re: continued: Common-VFS proposal

Hi

> Yes, you can base some of the code on existing
> kio/gnomevfs
> code, but I do think there's a basic design issue to
> be
> fixed.

since kde developers are planning on a next major
release which can add new stuff and revise existing
frameworks, it might be more important to start coming
out with solutions that work in this timeframe for KDE
to even consider adopting it

currently what seems to be in discussions is hal,dbus
and gstreamer amoung others. if a common vfs api or
pluggable backends are the way forward, then we need
actual code that developers can try out. it seems we
dont have enough hard stuff that we can even start
experimenting with.

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram