Re: adding new info to GnomeVFSFileInfo

> > I have no strong opinion on that. What I'm interested in is getting read
> > and write info for remote files. For the executable bit, I agree that it
> > doesn't make much sense. And Nautilus shouldn't consider remote files as
> > executable since if the user double click on them, nothing will happen
> > (or at least the user won't get the expected result). So I'll drop the
> > executable bit for remote locations for now when I update my patch
>
> I think thats a good idea. If and when we provide an execution
> abstraction and remote methods start providing implementations of that
> they can start setting the bit :)
>
> Ian

So does this mean that is_local() returns "correct" information wrt
mounted filesystems vs. "true" remote filesystems? (this has
historically not been the case, last I remember looking, the file method
jumped through a large number of hoops to determine if a file really was
local or not, when it probably shouldn't have)
or am I still hosed if my home directory is NFS mounted?

--Shahms