Re: 2.0.2 released ...

	Since, again everyone seems to be ignoring Christophe, and this clearly
needs fixing:

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 16:10, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Here is the patch for the ssh and ftp modules

	Grief it's quite big; can I approve just the easy bits and look at the
rest separately ?

> +2002-09-16  Christophe Fergeau <teuf users sourceforge net>
> +	* modules/ftp-method.c: fixed do_read to correctly report EOF when
> +	  read return 0, moved the login code to a separate function to
> +	  make it easier to try to login several times when the
> +	  call to an authentification callback in in place

	That's great - go for it to HEAD and gnome-2-0.

> +	 * modules/ssh-method.c: fixed do_read to correctly report EOF when
> +	   read return 0

	That bit's fine.

>          correctly reports "login failed" if the remote site
> +	   expected a password (which is not handled right now), fixed a
> +	   buffer overflow

	buffer overflow fix should go in.

>          fixed connection when no username was specified
> +	   or when the locale wasn't C

	That's great too.

>          escape the filenames passed to the shell using glib

	And that - but ... I'm less certain of:

> +static gboolean
> +ssh_data_available_on_stderr (SshHandle *handle)
> +{

	... which uses 'select' which seems rather strange to me ...

> +	/* This function checks if there was data output by ssh
> +	 * on stderr to detect if we could successfully connect
> +	 * (without that, trying to read from stderr may block)

	I'm unsure of the portability issues there; I know that linc uses:

		if (fcntl (fd, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) < 0)

	To do non-blocking IO/ and it's not quite clear to me what you want to
be doing there.

	What's up with that bit ?

	Thanks again,

		Michael.