Re: GnomeVFS ioctls, live metadata and dead metadata

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 19:34, Ian McKellar wrote:

>   * posix file metadata - size/name/permissions - the stuff we get back
> from stat and put into a GnomeVFSFileInfo

And it's probably useful to note that at least on GNU/Linux, extended
attributes (a la XFS) will become standard soon enough.  These are
arbitrary key/value pairs, stored in a separate data stream by the
filesystem.  We'll definitely want nautilus to be able to get/set these
(and along the way add ACL support to nautilus).