Re: patch for gnome_vfs_get_mime_type_internal

Hi Christophe,

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 14:24, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Here is a patch which cleans up a little

	This is really nice stuff, makes the code far clearer and legible.

	Great work, please commit.

> While debugging this patch, I noticed that when reading a directory,
> Nautilus would sniff the mime type for a given file 2 or 3 times (one
> when it uses read_directory, and a second time when using
> get_file_info). Maybe that could be improved to be done only once, I'll
> look at that.

	That's really bad - mime sniffing is deadly expensive; any insight you
have there would be great, although you'll have to get into unwinding
the existing nautilus caches to stop that sort of thing happening ;-)

	Regards,

		Michael.