Re: NFS method

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:21:52AM +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> I've been for a couple of days working on a NFS method for gnome-vfs
> (gnome-network/vfs) and just found out there's a disabled NFS module in
> gnome-vfs sources.

But wait ... there's more!

There is also some NFS functionality in the 'file' module in gnome-vfs
(it does NFS and AFS detection for various reasons). Personally, I'd
prefer to see something like this go in gnome-vfs, rather than
gnome-network; it's a filesystem, more than a network thing, since the
user does not really care that the files are accessed over a network.
For maintainability reasons, if you resuscitate the nfs module, it would
be good if the code in there wasn't too much duplicated code with the
file module.

I do not know this history of the gnome-vfs NFS module, so I cannot
comment on why it is deactivated in the standard build.

Malcolm

--
Remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.