Re: Clearlooks 2

On Thu, January 5, 2006 1:59 pm, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 05/01/2006 alle 00.59 +0100, Daniel Borgmann ha scritto:
>> Hello,
>>
>> as you might have noticed, the clearlooks metacity theme got a
>> complete revamp[1]. I would like to commit this to CVS, but I'm asking
>> here first since it is practically a new theme and would affect the
>> default look of GNOME 2.14. It goes well with clearlooks-cairo and I
>> think that both together should make for a nice visual update. Any
>> objections?
>
> No, I'm happy to see a theme growing up. Just a couple of suggestions:
>       * IMHO gradient in buttons should be vertically flipped when
>         pressed (see attached screenshot). Moreover, but I'm not sure, I
>         suspect that the gradient in the bottom half of the button
>         should go from a lighter (top) to a darker (bottom) color (see
>         this[1] MS screenshot)
>       * It could be interesting (and maybe useful for someone) provide a
>         "Clearlook 1" via art.gnome.org (gtk color scheme + metacity
>         theme)
>       * take a look here[2] for Clearlooks 3 :-)

You raise an important point about usability with the buttons. I have
never liked Clearlooks metacity buttons because they are difficult to
distinguish from the rest of the title bar (they use the same colour). I
like the Tango mockup because the buttons are clearly visible and
distinguishable. Is it possible we could do anything like this Clearlooks
metacity?