Re: Re: anyone wanna help with gnome-backgrounds

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 05:37, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> Trying to be clever doesn't work very well most times. You have to be
> really clever instead. We should calculate some kind of action to do
> in a programmatic way, different from what you suggest here, as a
> default. However, we should store metadata in the list of images that
> are in the list, for each image, to specify what method the user
> actually prefers from an image, rather than having a global and trying
> to only be halfway smart about it. The rules you propose are a good
> start, but have a few immediate flaws

Hm, I think we may be getting somewhere. True, the rules I gave are
probably flawed in a multitude of ways, they were mostly meant to give
an example of what I meant.

Anyways, this metadata-thing may be a good thing after all. Whenever a
user makes any changes, the changes will be saved as metadata and used
as defaults the next time the image is loaded - but if no metadata
exists, we set sensible defaults using some "really clever" method.

--
Erik Grinaker
http://erikg.wired-networks.net

This signature has been rot13-encrypted twice, reading it is illegal
under the terms of the DMCA.