Re: [gnome-summary] Gnome Summary Future Plans

> It's interesting that you talk about focusing on the user. That is just
> one of the audiences you can target. I was expecting though that you
> would be targeting business types more though with a Gnome Journal type
> publication. For example things such as case studies, or perhaps an
> article focusing on current hot issues withing business (where an IT
> solution can help of course).

I'm less interested in business users because we have Sun to do all the
marketing to the business user.  It's the common man we want to attract
and less the typical slashdot type person who really wants to micromanage
his environment.  (They see a computer less as a tool, but more like the
office)

> The other audience is the developer. In much the same format as
> Microsoft's MSDN Magazine you could have discussion, articles about new
> technologies or perhaps short 'developer guides'.

Hmm..that would require a lot of manpower in trying to chase down
developers to write things.  I had thought about a hacker version of gnome
summary that only reports on things like API changes or like in the
recent g-s, where there was a story regarding gnomefilechooser.  However,
how that can be done is problematic.  It would be nice if they could
communicate it through a blog but not everyone has one.

> There are many possibilities. I'm quite interested to know who people on
> this list think we should be focusing on in terms of who you would be
> best promoting Gnome to.

Me too. Adding new people here I hope will add to the list of ideas and
developing something interesting to show to people.

sri