Re: [gnome-slackware]Installing GNOME 1.4 from source

> G'day!

Hi

> I recently found on this mailing list this excellent tutorial on building
> GNOME from source: http://www.karubik.de/gig/index.html.  First of all let me
> take the opportunity to express my thanks to the authors, because it has been
> of great help.

I'm not sure they are on this mailing list.

> However one thing isn't entirely clear to me when installing GNOME 1.4.1:
[...]
> Now the obvious question: how do I know for which of the tarballs I need to
> use which of the export commands?

The one that don't work the normal way ? ;))

There's no reference to CXXFLAGS because it's for C++ and most (if not
all) gnome is in C.
It should be fine if you use the two seconds exports.
Can someone have a look at it and see if it's out of date ?
I think this should compile fine without all those defines (it's done by
the *-conf scripts).

Regards,
MCArkan

--
Xavier Ordoquy
 "Complexity has nothing to do with intelligence.