Installing glade and libmad breaks XMMS - no MP3

While trying to upgrade CD-Roast to record audio CDs, I installed Glade
and libmad. After installation, XMMS will no longer play MP3 files. WAV
files still work however. The problame is almost certainly libmad.

I have tried reinstalling Glade, Libmad and XMMS from both RPMs and from
source with no effect. I don't know how to remove libmad and Glade or if
that will even fix the problem.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

--
L. Parker
chief cook, bottle washer and sometime sysadmin