Re: Default WM for Gnome in RH 9

Hrvoje Blazevic wrote:

Hi,

Although I spent an hour or so, looking through RH (9.0) docs CD, I could not find the info on how to disable the Metacity WM, and enable Sawfish.

I had exactly the same question when I first got RH8 and got an answer on this list from Havoc Pennington. Here is what he said (it worked). I can tell you that my wife uses Sawfish and I use Metacity under RH9 (she likes the greater choice of window decorations and doesn't mind the fact that it forgets the number of workspaces when you log out). I was amazed that when I brought up RH9, there still was no simple way to choose which WM you want. Maybe RH10? Back in earlier RH versions, it was easy and obvious.
-- David