Re: Changing Gnome Menu Icon

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 12:03:28PM -0700, Steve Fink wrote:

> 	I know this is probably not the highest priority request but it's
> really bugging me...
>
> 	I dislike the Red Hat icon ( no offense to Red Hat) on the Gnome Menu
> that ships now with Red Hat 8.0.  I want to change the icon back to the
> gnome-logo-main-menu.png.  I've dug through /etc/X11/desktop-menus and
> /usr/share/gnome, /usr/share/gnome-2.0, etc...  But I cannot find the
> proper file to edit to change this.
>
> 	Does anyone know where it is located?

It's stored in gconf. I'd suggest looking at the recently-released
sysadmin guide for how to change it systemwide.
http://www.gnome.org/learn/ has the guide. There's a key in the menu
applet's directory, you have to do something like custom-icon = true
and custom-icon-file or custom-icon-filename = filename inside the dir
for the menu button applet.

To change it per-user the process is similar, just change in the
per-user config source.

There used to be GUI for this (right click on the icon), I'm not sure
why it was disabled. It seems like a harmless setting.

Havoc