Re: Evolution

José Romildo Malaquias <romildo uber com br> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:19:53PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> > > I've been using http://people.redhat.com/dsainty/evolution/RPMS since he
> > > built them with no problems.  It's sort of an old build of evolution,
> > > but works fine.
> > >
> > > I did need to do an "rpm -ivh *.rpm --force" however. Doesn't seem to be
> > > any ill effects, as he tagged the packages with a "ds" to differentiate
> > > them.
> >
> > There are updated packages for Evolution RC1 in gnomehide
> > (ftp://people.redhat.com/hp/gnomehide/) that should work nicely with a
> > 7.2 system without too much trouble resolving dependencies.   You'll
> > definitely want the libgtkhml9 and libgal7 packages.
>
> I haved installed the following packages from gnomehide:
>
> 	libxml
> 	libxml-devel
> 	ORBit
> 	ORBit-devel
> 	bonobo
> 	bonobo-devel
> 	GConf
> 	GConf-devel
> 	oaf
> 	oaf-devel
> 	bonobo-conf
> 	bonobo-conf-devel
> 	libgal18
> 	gal
> 	gal-devel
> 	gtkhtml
> 	gtkhtml-devel
> 	evolution
>
> to satisfy the dependencies among packages.
>
> But there seems to be small bug in this evolution package, as I have found
> when running setup wizard. As I have been told in the evolution mailing list,
> I needed to set the suid bit on camel-lock-helper or it wouldn't be able to
> create a lock in /var/spool/mail:
>
> 	# chown root.mail /usr/sbin/camel-lock-helper
> 	# chmod g+s /usr/sbin/camel-lock-helper

Red Hat standardizes on fcntl() locking in /var/spool/mail, which
does _not_ require suid privileges to create locks.

If this change was necessary, then some fixes are probably necessary
to how the evolution package is doing locking ... locking only
works if everybody does it the same way.

Regards,
                                        Owen