Re: State of the project.

>     Jody, what's you take on this? I would like to know the answer
> too:).  Having gnome-cups-manager to work well with 2.6 is one thing,
> to have cups integrated as part of gnome is another thing. After all,
> libgnomeprint[ui] are the core printing libraries. What are the TODO
> to have CUPS properly integrated (even just as one of the backend) and
> allow for other backend?
>
> -Ghee
Well, I think that this is an important task, I mean:
We (the gnome users/developers) are allways saying that we are
"Usability Pioneers", and all of we want is to be more usable for people
who don't know anything about computers... well, I assume that nobody
(that hasn't anything to do with computers) must know about XD2, or
gnome-cups-manager, the only thing that they want is to print, and when
they'll use Gnome, they'll see a print dialago that ask for what printer
to use by typing the appropiate lpr command... well, lpr is a 70's
design tool, anybody must know how to use it, and I think that we should
try to solve this issue for the user.
I'm not trying to be rude, so excuse me if I look like that, the only
thing that I want is to improve Gnome to the highest rate possible.

Thanks, Alberto Ruiz.