Re: getting info from gnome print.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:27:40PM -0800, George Farris wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have a fax application and have set up a transport for gnomeprint.
> I would like to retrieve pager size from the gnome print dialog so I
> know what page size to render the tiffg3 file at.  Currently one can set
> the paper size in a job but how is that information accessed?

    gnome_print_config_get_page_size
or
    gnome_print_job_get_page_size

depending on your needs

> Also would it be appropriate to add a tab to the print dialog and are
> their hooks to do that at application install time?

    gnome_print_dialog_new

is not as flexible as I'd like in two ways.  Most applications I've
seen end up using the gnomeprintui apis to create individual widgets
then adding their own (eg gnumeric).  It's also not smart enough to
allow for per printer/transport settings.

> I really would like the fax application to integrate fairly seamlessly
> with gnomeprint.

That would definitely be a 'good thing' for the 2.10 release.  Let's
discuss what extensions you'd need to make things work more
smoothly.