Re: [gpm] Untangling the sleep hotkey mess

>> But input layer will be a hub of sorts and I am arguing for ACPI
>> to be converted to use input layer directly.
>
>What does lkml think of ACPI using the input layer directly?

I think it is a good idea.

The only question I have is how to transition.
If I replace the acpi_bus_generate_event() calls for
power/sleep/lid/hotkeys
and replace them with input_report_key(), will there be something up
there
listening for these events when acpid does not get them?

thanks,
-Len

ps. the long term goal is to delete /proc/acpi, including
/proc/acpi/event.
Getting rid of the events that are like keys is a step in that
direction,
but there are a bunch of other steps for non key-like events too.