Re: Unable to bind to pilot

On 2/22/06, Stuart Luppescu <s-luppescu uchicago edu> wrote:
> On 水, 2006-02-22 at 15:26 +0000, Matt Davey wrote:
> > Might be worth doing without the udev rule and trying to talk directly
> > to ttyUSBx in case there's something odd there.
>
> OK. That worked. I don't know why the udev-created device shouldn't
> work. It works fine on my computer at home with the same versions of
> everything. Oh, well. As long as it works.

Really everything, or just the pilot stuff?

Unless the hardware is identical, you may be loading different
modules, or there could be a bug that depends on the order in which
things happen, in which case your working system may fail next week.

It would be worth a bit of investigation to pin down the problem.

--
George N. White III <aa056 chebucto ns ca>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia