Re: Call for testers! (and updated pre-release tarball)

> >         NOW I can beat it up properly.

> If you want to try out HAL support, I'd try grabbing the pre2
> tarball, which is up at:

	It doesn't like USB (crashes immediately when the Palm
connects), or throws the error below at connect time, then
immediately disconnects:

(gnome-pilot:11720): gpilotd-WARNING **: looking for string:
Vendor=0830 ProdID=0061

gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

(gnome-pilot:11720): gpilotd-WARNING **: An error occurred while
getting the pilot's system data

	It doesn't like network, dies with the error below:

(gnome-pilot:8748): gpilotd-WARNING **: looking for string:
Vendor=0830 ProdID=0061

gpilotd-Message: Woke on network: Treo 650

(gnome-pilot:8748): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to returned -200:
Broken pipe

(gnome-pilot:8748): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: timeout was 600
secs

	I've changed the timeout to various values, with no effect.
This was with pi-nredir pointing to a gpilotd listening on the
interface.

	The stock gnome-pilot in Ubuntu Dapper does sync, without too
many problems and no crashes, but this version doesn't even connect
enough to get to identify the user.

	I've updated devices.xml to include my Treo's information, but
it really doesn't seem to like it. I'll try to compare what the Dapper
package has that these do not, and see what I can figure out.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com
http://gnu-designs.com