Re: Network Sync

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 23:36 -0500, Jay Bloodworth wrote:
> What is the status of network sync with gnome-pilot?

I have had success using my patch from last November and a borrowed Sony
Clie  (my own palm is a venerable Palm V with serial cradle, so I can't
check current status right now).  Some people have reported success with
unpatched gnome-pilot using ppp ('modem sync') connections.

I agree that with the growing prevalence of wireless connections,
netsync should be a useful and reliable alternative to the continual
problems with usb and kernel bugs and device IDs.  I don't think it's a
lot of work to fix the gnome-pilot end of things -- maybe I'll dust off
my earlier work on this and get something reliable.

In the meantime, if you feel like testing the posted patch, that would
be useful.  I don't remember getting any feedback, either positive or
negative.

Matt

mcdavey pobox   You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving
.com          today.  They left a little note on the windscreen, it said
	      'Parking Fine.'  So that was nice.