Re: gpilotd hangs on initial sync with Handspring Visor

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 10:34 -0500, John T. Guthrie III wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have trying without much success to get my Handsrping Visor to sync
> via USB.  I was finally able to configure udev to not remove /dev/ttyUSB1
> after the handspring was finishing.  This was causing gpilotd to crash, I guess
> because it couldn't find the device files to open.  Now I can start
> gpilotd through the gpilotd-control-applet, but when I try to do the
> initial sync the Visor starts syncing, and then finishes sync'ing right away,
> and says that the sync was successful.  However, the gpilotd applet says on
> the screen that says that its about to send my identifying data to the pilot.
> I never get the option of going forward; I can only go back or cancel, and
> the applet nothing after the pilot syncs.  I am able to send data using
> pilot-link, so I was wondering is there something that I'm doing wrong, or
> should I file a bug report.
>
> I am using Fedora Core 4, with kernel 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp, gnome-pilot
> version 2.0.13, pilot-link 0.12.0-pre5.  The rpm versions for the last two are
> gnome-pilot-2.0.13-2 and pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2 respectively.
>
> Also, I hope that this is not an issue, but I am trying to do this through the
> enlightenment window manager, not gnome.  (I'm using e16-0.16.8-0.18.fc4.)

Here's a some more info:  I just tried it with a serial port, and I got
the same result, where the HotSync log on the Visor said that all data
was transferred successfully, but nothing really got sync'ed, and the
gpilotd applet never let me continue forward after that point.

Thank you very much in advance.
--
John Guthrie
guthrie counterexample org