Re: Can't connect to serial port.

mcdavey mrao cam ac uk wrote:
David A. Desrosiers wrote:

It should work if you point gnome-pilot's configuration at your serial port instead of the pseudo-device of /dev/pilot (which in most cases is just a symlink to another port, probably a USB port in your case).

Thanks.  What is the serial port called?

Try /dev/ttyS0

Check this out.

[mark buttercup ~]$ ll /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 64 Jun 30 09:57 /dev/ttyS0

The only member of the group uucp is uucp.

The way I see it I can chown it, add my user accounts to the uucp group, change the permissions or make a symlink (or maybe a hard link) called ttyqe which is in the preferences drop down menu but doesn't exist.

What is the best/safest approach.

--
Mark Healey
marklist healeyonline com