Re: gnome-pilot + Evolution + Tungsten T5

Hi,

> On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 12:35 -0600, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:
> > Just in case, did you check the port that you configured in gpilot for
> > syncing and the actual port that gets created when you press the hotsync
> > button?  Are they same?
I know that the port is created when I am pressing the hotsync button.
But gpilot does not react.

My versions (running on Deban etch, testing)
pilot-link	0.11.8-10
evolution	2.2.2-4
gpilotd		2.0.12-1.2
kernel		2.6.10

> If you use udev (like me) you can put something like this
> in /etc/udev/rules.d/10-udev.rules (for example) :
Yes, I use udev and my file is /etc/udev/rules.d/010-visor.rules

BUS="usb", SYSFS{serial}="504E35424*******", KERNEL="ttyUSB[13579]",
SYMLINK="pilot"
KERNEL="ttyUSB[01]*",  NAME="tts/USB%n", GROUP="jomu", MODE="0660"

So the link is /dev/pilot when hot syncing

> BUS="usb-serial", ID="ttyUSB1", DRIVER="visor", OWNER="jonatan", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="pilot pilot1"
> BUS="usb-serial", ID="ttyUSB0", DRIVER="visor", OWNER="jonatan", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="pilot0"
>
> This way I always have the /dev/pilot symlink (along with the optional /dev/pilot1) pointing to the right device for synchronizing my T5, and the /dev/pilot0 pointing to /dev/ttyUSB0.
> Before using udev I would end up with the /dev/ttyUSBx being incremented each time I pressed the HotSync button.
mh, I have the problem with the increasing /dev/ttyUSBx as well - I will
try to update my udev rules.
What is the best way to make a 100% backup of my palm - may be even
Windows based.Currently I am syncing with my Outlook at work. The goal
is to sync with both to have all data on the T5, Outlook (work) and
Evolution (home). I want to have a backup to restore the pda if the test
is not successful so that I can restore it.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards
Joern