Re: Presentation and some questions

On Sun, 30 May 2004 13:55:02 -0300 Fernando Barcel? <fer fbarcelo com ar> wrote:
> Hello, Im new into this list, My name is Fernando and im an Argentine
> Debian Unstable user, with gnome interface.
>
> Recently I bougth a Palm Tungsten device and then install gnome-pilot
> and its conduits (The ones that are included in the deb package)
>
> All works great, I have no problems with that but have some questions

Answers below :)

> Is there any way to configure the custom fields in address book to sync
them with evolution?

Yep. They're called the evolution-pilot-conduits. I don't know much about Debian, but from what I
understand, that should be easy to install.

> Is there any way to sync quickoffice or Documents to go with openoffice
or gnome-office?

Not that I've found yet. I've looked at the Documents-To-Go website and they have nothing for
Linux, and I haven't seen anything on the OpenOffice.org site.

> Is there any other conduits/plugins or something than the included in
> the Debian package?

What conduits are you looking for? The conduits that gnome-pilot has are:
- Backup
- Expense
- File
- MAL
- MemoFile
- Sendmail
- Test
- Time

The evolution-pilot-conduits adds:
- EAddress
- ECalendar
- EToDo

> Is there any gnome interface to manage plucker ant this channels?

I don't quite understand your question, but  gpilotd-control-applet is the program that controls
the settings. There's an applet for Gnome 2.x as well.

> Im sorry about boring you with a lot of questions, Hope to be usefull to
> the list with some time.

That's what this list is for. Nothing wrong with asking questions. :)

Nathan Owens