Re: Patch for the Handsring Treo 600

Well I fixed my machine hanging problem when using gpilotd!

The solution --- install kernel 2.6.1.  I did this today (not because of
gpilotd) and it had the side effect of fixing the hanging machine after a
sync problem.  I had to modify the gpilotd.c (since gpilotd was crashing upon
startup....strace is your friend) file on line 860 from:

f = fopen ("/proc/bus/usb/devices", "r");

f = fopen ("/proc/bus/usb/devices_please-use-sysfs-instead", "r");

I know there must be a better way to fix this, but I didn't see a "devices"
like file in the new /sys/bus/usb/   directory.  The above works for now at
least, along with the patch that Simon provided.

Dan