Re: Re: Please help: gpilotd network sync (some progress)

Hello David and others,
the story gets interesting now. I compiled the gnome-pilot from the sources
and inserting a line into gpilotd.c for the UX50 which has device id 0x0144:
>>"Vendor=054c ProdID=0144", /* Sony Clie UX50 */

Since i did that, the pi-nredir -p works for the UX50 ! WOW!

[andreas MediaServer gnome-pilot.d]$ pi-nredir -p /dev/ttyUSB0

   Port not connected, sleeping for 2 seconds, 2 retries..
   Listening to port: /dev/ttyUSB0

   Please press the HotSync button now... Connected

        Trying 192.168.1.100... Connected

WOW WOW WOW!!!

And if i run immediately after the pi-nredir the network sync from the UX50
i get an WARNING from gpilotd "unknown pilot - no pilot matches ID -
17329724 use gnomecc ..."
But it works only once after i have run this pi-nredir, don't know if this
is really a success or not.

> Did you patch your kernel with the UX50 patch and also patch
> gnome-pilot to read /proc/bus/usb/devices for handhelds which do not
> broadcast the "Palm Handheld" string of text at connect time?
Can you tell me where i can find information about this problem? I didn't
find it in your HowTo on http://howto.pilot-link.org/netsync

This could be indeed interesting to follow up.

>It could be the PalmOS bug where the IP you enter on the Palm for
>the "Primary PC Address" has to be entered backwards. It seems to be a bug
>in OS5 that I discovered a year or two ago. Try that.
I don't believe this one, as the pilot-xfer, the JPilot and now the
pi-nredir work with the current setting!

I hope you are still continuouing your excellent support, this thing is
really very interesting. Do you know is there any documentation how this
whole stuff works together (gpilotd, pi-csd, pilot-link ...).

Many thanks for your help
  *Andreas