Re: Coexisting with vmware?

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 16:31, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > This is great for me, but I still need syncing to Evolution to work
> > reliably. For some reason debian unstable is behind on gnome-pilot
> > 2.0.10 and I'm waiting for the Evolution 2.0.3 release.
>
> 	The solution, as I mentioned previously, was to rmmod(1) the
> visor module before you sync with VMWare.

And the problem for the original poster, as he mentioned previously, was
that the visor module was getting reloaded on every sync (presumably via
hotplug, which you've previously implied you don't use).  It is
necessary to comment out the line from the running kernel's
modules.usbmap file that refers to the USB device you want to prevent
triggering the visor modprobe.  Either that, or disable hotplug, which
mightn't suit everyone.

Matt Davey		Confucius say: To understand recursion, you must
mcdavey at mrao.cam.ac.uk 	   first understand recursion.