Re: Using gnome-pilot and Sony Cliè TJ35

gnome-pilot-2.0.10 has a hard-coded list of devices it recognises.

This list doesn't include the Clie TJ25, unfortunately.  jpilot and
pilot-link use a different mechanism, so as long as the device is
recognised by the kernel visor module (which it is, in this case) they
are ok.

You've two options:

either:
1. recompile gnome-pilot, adding the Clie IDs to gpilotd.c.  The Clie
TJ25 has a product ID of 0x0169 and a vendor id of 0x054C.  I believe
the TJ35 is the same.

or:
2. Insert the vendor and product IDs directly into the executable
gpilotd on your system, using a modification of the steps in:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2004-July/msg00018.html
(in the posting above, in your case you'll replace "ProdID=00c9" with
"ProdID=0169", and "3030 6339" with "3031 3639")

Matt