unable to use my Handspring Visor with RH 9

Hi,
 I have just installed RH9 and I want to use my Handspring Visor. I started gnome-pilot and followed the instructions. I pressed the hotsync button on the cradle but the communication was not established. My visor is connected on ttyUSB1. So I entered /dev/ttyUSB1 as the device to use. The default was /dev/pilot. I selected the USB radio button.

Could someone please help. I suppose this is a standard question which all newbies ask.

Thanks
Amit