Tungsten T3 and Tungsten E users/testers wanted

	With the growing number of changes that Palm, PalmSource, palmOne,
Palm-Whomever-They-Are-This-Week has introduced in their latest version of
the OS, I need to begin getting a short list of people willing to help us
get these new applications working with pilot-link, jpilot, and gnome-pilot.

	From what I understand, there are 4 new applications onboard:
"Calendar", "Contacts", "Memo", and "Tasks" (named as such). This was done
to keep Palm much more closely tied to Outlook on the Windows platform. With
these new applications, comes a whole slew of new features within them,
which changes the previous data format that all of these tools rely on
reading. Again, from the very sketchy reports I've heard:

        - Contacts supports (at least?) 3 addresses, Home, Business and
          Other

        - More phone fields; including IM with service config info
          (MSN, Yahoo, AOL etc.)

        - A birthday field that shows up in "Calendar" with a colorful
          birthday cake.

        - 4k note limit raised to 32k

        - Appointments that can span beyond the previous limit of midnight

        - Color coded icons for appointments

	There may be others, but we need to be sure. What I need, is a group
of users who have these units, and are running Linux successfully, and can
sync these devices to their Linux boxes currently (primarily that the Linux
machine can talk to the Palm itself, not necessarily query these new PIM
applications).

	Email me privately or here on the list, and I can go through the
details we need (loaded data sets, changed record bits, DLP frame info,
vendor/prod_id strings, etc.).

	You can also join us on irc at irc.pilot-link.org in #pilot-link if
you want a more intimate "real-time" experience with the developers and
other users of pilot-link, jpilot, and gnome-pilot.

	Let's make a charge for supporting these devices strongly, before
these become "The Norm(tm)" on the market, and we get left a bit behind in
the support arena.

	I look forward to any and all contributors who can help out.

	Thanks.

d.

perldoc -qa.j | perl -lpe '($_)=m("(.*)")'