Re: Treo 300: pilot-link works, gnome-pilot doesn't

> Funny thing is, if gpilotd is running and I push sync, the device hangs
> and never times out.  If I then run pilot-xfer, it sees /dev/ttyUSB1 and
> tries to start syncing, but *then* the device times out (and disconnects).

	What version of gnome-pilot are you using?

	What version of pilot-link was it built against?

> So I think something is wrong in gpilotd's assumptions about when things
> will happen.  Perhaps it isn't monitoring /dev/ttyUSB1 like it says it is,
> because there's no such device before sync?

	gnome-pilot doesn't read the Treo device info from /proc, because as
you probably figured out, /proc/bus/usb/devices for these newer devices (OS5
devices, Treo, etc.) do not have the string "Palm Handheld" in them as they
did previously (gpilotd/gpilotd.c in struct product_names). This has to be
patched to handle the lookups for the actual product_id and the vendor_id
(in this case, 082d and 200 respectively). I think someone did this for the
Tungsten awhile back on this list. You might want to search the archives.

d.