Re: stuck again with gpilotd, sony clie sj30 and usb

> First two blocks look good, but is it normal that there is ZERO external
> language support? I have at least TCL and Perl installed. Does this mean
> anything?

	Did you use --with-perl and --with-tcl? ./configure --help might
help in finding the answers to those. We don't "search" for them in $PATH,
so you have to explicitly enable them.

> Shouldn't the system auto-load uhci.o whenever visor or usbcore or
> *usb*-modules are loaded? How can my system believe it could do USB-things
> without loading a driver for the uhci-chip-stuff at least?

	Did you put uhci/usb-uhci in /etc/modules? Did you modprobe visor?

> Though this looks nice, I don't understand why uhci is (unused). If Visor
> was loading but didn't work without it, than uhci should now be used by
> visor, shouldn't it? Anyway, this works now and I can do pilot-xfer.

	Ok, so far so good.

> Okay, I understand warning number 1: I actually did'n complete the
> device-configuartion in control-center because it was never able to read
> my UserID from the palm. So gpilotd doesn't know anything about my clie
> yet. But what is that last warning telling me? AFAIK the "usbdevfs" has
> nothing to do with the other "/devfs".stuff (which btw makes my system
> unbootable if i compile it. But I don't intend to use that anyway, was
> just a test)

	You need to mount usbdevfs, as detailed in the README.usb in the
pilot-link ./doc subdirectory.

> So what do I have to do to get that warning satisfied? I did compile the
> kernel with "proc" support:

	Check the README, it should clear things up for you.

d.