Re: treo and such annoying stuff

> Reading back I didn't find a concrete solution to synching treos and such
> handspring beasts.

	Which Treo?

> I'm at gpilot 0.1.70, can't try cvs now cause none of my boxes has the
> needed versions of <stuff>.

	Why not use the released 0.1.71? Works fine here over USB.

> Problem: gpilotd can't use ttyUSB cause it doesn't exist most of the time.

	It works here, and I know it works for at least a few hundred other
people. Is the problem specific to your kernel (which should be 2.4.20 or
later)? Which device are you sync'ing to? Have you built gnome-pilot
yourself? Or are you using distro-supplied packages?

> if i set the connection to USB gpilotd segfaults right after hotsync is
> pressed. Using the pause/unpause trick works, but that defeats the
> purpose.

	Where is the backtrace from the segfault? What function does it die
on? Is your visor driver incremented to anything beyond 0?

> Is USB supposed to work and should I bother with building cvs ?

	The cvs gnome-pilot doesn't work, since it is the beginnings of the
gnome2 port, and it hasn't been fully completed yet. Try 0.1.71 until jpr
says that the other port is completed.

d.