Re: Sony Clie with USB sync

Hello Lars,

Well, I have tried ttyUSB1 before and it didn't work. I also got the
device originally from /var/log/messages

I do have a simmilar problem with pilot-xfer etc... so this problem
appears to not be limited to gnome-pilot.

I have also tried specifying USB instead of serial but it dosn't work.
(gives me a gtk error about not being able to open display)

before I get it to work with the palm I have to do modprobe visor. I
have no idea how to enable it in modules.conf though (need to read
through the man page ;) )

This is the relevant lines from lsmod:
usbcore           78784   1  [visor usbserial usb-storage hid usb-uhci
ehci-hcd]
usb-uhci               26348   0  (unused)
visor                  11144   0
usbserial              22108   0  [visor]
usb-storage            69332   0

and a few more. But as you can see, they are all up and running before
even attempting to get gpilotd to work.

So, now I have to have the palm in the middle of a sync before starting
gpilotd and I also have to kill gpilotd at th eend before the next sync.
This seems like a problem with the usb device somehow. Off to do some
more reaserch :)

Thank you for all the help.
-Daniel