Times out on Identifying user

I was able to get everything setup by using evolution to setup the pilot
link instead of the gnome-pilot-applet. The applet now shows a white and
black icon. The problem I am having is that when I hit the hot sync
button to backup my Visor Edge, the Visor shows Identifying user. After
about a minute A screen pops up. This screen status The connection
between your handheld computer and the desktop was lost. Some of your
data was NOT backed up. Please check your setup and try again. Is there
a fix for this or what might be the problem? I have tried restarting the
daemon using the applet and I still get the problem. I have closed
evolution and restarted the daemon and it still gives me the same
problem.

Ben