Re: unable to bind to pilot?

> gpilotd-WARNING **: Unable to bind to pilot
>

> FWIW, /dev/pilot looks like this:
>
> [root localhost dev]# ls -la pilot
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 pball    pball           7 Jan 24
> 19:33 pilot -> ttyUSB1

> so I get the idea that some sort of conversation is going on here ... but
> not quite successfully.

	Actually, your Handspring PDA is attached to the cradle at this
point, making the electrical connection to the desktop. The Visor doesn't
exist as far as the desktop is concerned, until you make this electrical
connection. Do other tools talk to the Visor without problems?

> What do people recommend? I've googled on "unable to bind to pilot" and
> not much turns up.

	Debugging is in order. Insert your visor driver with the following
syntax:

	insmod visor debug=1

	Then tail your logs, and see if you actually are getting anything
more than the initial connection from Visor->cradle->usbcore. If you get
that far, it's a matter of making the tools aware that this device now
exists (/dev/ttyUSB1 is an invalid device until you make the physical
connection, that's how USB works).

/d