gnome-pilot & Handspring Treo working

From: "Brett A. Thomas" <quark baz com>
> >Also, should the gnome-pilot Gods be listening, I'm still having my
> >problem where it won't work with a Treo - gnome-pilot basically does
> >nothing.  This is after a format-reinstall from a hardware problem.
> >Pilot-link works fine on its own.  I haven't had time to debug it.

Brett,
Got my Treo 180 to work fine with pilot-link-0.9.5 and
gnome-pilot-0.1.65 (probably would have worked fine with the stock
rh-7.3 version, too).

Treo Settings:
HotSync Type - USB to PC
Speed - 115200
Flow Control - Automatic

Gnome-pilot device settings:
Name - TreoCable
Port - /dev/ttyUSB1
Speed - 115200
Timeout - 2
Type - Serial (NOT Handspring USB)

Procedure:
1) Plug Treo into cable
2) Add the gnome-pilot applet to the panel
	(icon should be white)
3) Right-click applet and select "Pause Daemon"
	(icon should be yellow)
4) Press hot-sync button on cable
5) Right-click applet and select "Resume Daemon"
	(progress windows should appear)

This is somewhat timing-dependent, so it may take a couple tries to get
it right. Works great for syncing with Evolution 1.0.8...

-Cory