Re: Setup

It's like: it worked first time, failed about a dozen times. A got
frustrated, turned off Evo conduits and turned on normal backup. And it
worked that time - I turned on Evo again as well it failed and has ever
since.

Uhm, and whats the gpilotd output with the Evo conduits enabled ? If
something goes wrong during loading the conduits (I doubt I've spend much
time in handling that), it might cause the device to timeout.

Martin, you should be able to check gpilotd's output in ~/.gnomerc-errors ...

Also, this sounds a lot like the behavior that I reported last Thursday and Friday (10/11,12) in a couple fairly detailed messages -- see the thread entitled "Weird gpilotd behavior" ... Look and see if this describes the behavior you're seeing -- maybe it can save you some work and the list some duplication ...

BTW, after I posted that thread, sync started working more regularly (for a few syncs, anyway), just long enough for me to discover the Evo bug that was royally screwing up all my address book data -- at which point I killed Evo, turned off gnome-pilot, and reverted back to my latest JPilot database (thank god I had sync'ed to JPilot before playing with Evo!); since then I've just continued to use JPilot. I haven't tried lately to use either gnome-pilot or Evo, because I'm a bit gun-shy after that experience (sorry, Eskil, for lumping gnome-pilot in with Evolution on the screw-up scale :-/ ).

-Phil