Re: [newbie] Pilot<->Gnomecal

I have similar problem and would also like some pointers...

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:01:54 +0000 (GMT)
Ewan Birney <birney ebi ac uk>(EB) wrote:

[...]
EB> I have a reasonably standard redhat 7 set up. I have a palm. What I am
EB> aiming for is easy managment of my calendar from both desktop and palm.
Me too -- but I have Handspring Visor Deluxe!

EB> Installing gnome-pilot and gnomecal from rpm's (or preinstalled) was fine.

For me, I actually built gnome-pilot, gnomecal, and gnome-pilot-conduits from
source

EB> Syncing took a while but then I realised that the rw permissions on
EB> /dev/ttyS1 needed to be set.
EB>
EB>
EB> Synchronising works fine for Files (backup) which is good.

I'm with you on this -- using USB.

EB> I can't seem to synchronise my gnomecal and/or pilot. I am running

In the gnomeCC, under Peripherals/Pilot Conduits I see:
Backup, Expense, File, Memo, SendMail and Test conduits -- but nothing for
Calendar or Addressbook!

EB> [birney riker birney]$ gnomecal --version
EB> Gnome calendar 1.2.0
same for me..

EB> [birney riker birney]$
EB> [birney riker birney]$
EB> [birney riker birney]$ gpilotd --version
EB> gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.55 starting...
EB> gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.9.5
EB> gpilotd-Message: Using GOAD
EB> Gnome gnome-pilot 0.1.55
I have 0.1.56

EB> What am I doing wrong?
EB>
EB> ewan

and what do I need to do to 'see' the other conduits in the GnomeControlCenter?
The actual libaddress_conduit* files are in /usr/local/lib/gnome-pilot-conduits
directory.  I think they show up here because I built from source and have most
of this stuff going into /usr/local.  However, I have tried moving them to
/usr/lib without success.  I have set an environment variable:
GNOME_PATH=/usr:/usr/local  as someone suggested.  But I haven't figured out how
to get GNOME (or gnome-pilot, or whoever...) to find these new conduits.

Any ideas?
bob
Bob Robison          Southwest Research Institute,http://www.swri.org
Staff Engineer             Signal Exploitation & Geolocation Division
brobison swri org               Phone:(210)522-3935/Fax:(210)522-2709