Re: Merge from pilot not repeatable

"Manuel M. T. Chakravarty" wrote:

> "Manuel M. T. Chakravarty" <chak cse unsw edu au> wrote,
>
> > I deleted
> > the local calendar file (.gnome/user-cal.vcf) only to find
> > that apparently the software refuses to download entries
> > twice from the Visor.  Any *new* entries that I make are
> > nicely downloaded, but those that I already downloaded
> > aren't merged in again when deleted.
> >
> > I guess, this is meant to be a feature (not a bug), but I
> > wonder whether it can't be overridden somehow.  Did anybody
> > else run into this problem yet?
>
> It worked when trying the `Synchronize' setting.  (I wasn't
> to keen to try that at first, as I was worrying that it
> might update the Visor by deleting the records that I
> deleted locally.)

Yup, it should ideally do this, but luckily for you, this is
rather quirky in gnome-cal as it doesn't really support
letting the calendar conduit now about locally deleted
records.

The reason your merge didn't work again is because you're
no longer in a first-sync situation, you can get back to this
stage by disabling the conduit (and saving the options) and then
reenable the conduit.

/dev/eskil