USB visor cradle

Hey all, just joined the list after trying to make gnome-pilot work with
my USB visor.  (seems to be a common theme around here...)

/proc/bus/usb is working correctly, and pilot-xfer does work correctly
for me.  But still no go on gnome-pilot.  I can't even get it get my
userid off my visor so I can't really go much farther.  When I run the
druid, or hit the button in the capplet to pull the userid from my
visor, nothing happens (yes, I hit the hotsync button just before doing
these things).

I'm a pretty experienced developer, and I'd love to help out with usb
visor support.  Who is working on this now, and how can I help?

 -- Jeremy