Resetting gnomecal sync

I realized that my Gnomecal database was terribly screwed up.  When
the pilot says something is on October 5 and Gnomecal says Oct 1,
something is wrong.  I didn't know how things got that way, but given
the amount of futzing I've done in the past, I figure I'd start clean
and just sync everything from the pilot over.

I removed all the gnome-pilot directories, the user-cal.vcf and the
Address.gcrd.  Well, after druiding, everything worked except the pim
conduits.  (They can't handle initial setup.  Bug!)  Well, created an
Address.gcrd, and now that's synced.  But the calendar is still
empty.

I'm getting the following errors:

gpilotd-Message: Conduit GnomeCal's first synchronization...
gcalconduit-Message: GnomeCal Conduit v.0.8.12
gcalconduit-Message: No entries found

gpilotd-WARNING **: Unable to delete all records in local database, aborting operation.

That's with "Copy from pilot."  On syncronize. nothing happens.

gpilotd-Message: Conduit GnomeCal's first synchronization...
gcalconduit-Message: GnomeCal Conduit v.0.8.12
gcalconduit-Message: No entries found
gcalconduit-Message: No entries found
gcalconduit-Message: No entries found

Any clues?  AFAIK, user-cal.vcf is empty, but valid.  I've tried
creating an appointment, still fails.

--
Alan Shutko <ats acm org> - In a variety of flavors!
39 days, 22 hours, 49 minutes, 19 seconds till we run away.