Re: Idea re: Palms, gnome & event alarms

"Scott D. Webster" wrote:

> Jeremy Wise wrote:
> >
> > Is crond platform-independent enough to use, or is it linux only?  If it's
> > platform-indepenent, then we could have alarms exported to ~/.crontab,
> > couldn't we?  Just an idea...
>
>         Cron and at are common to most unices, IIRC.

Hmmm, yes crond is portable, but I've not seen a .crontab before....

Usually crontab -e edits a crontab file in a spool directory (somewhere
on the system).

Of course this may be a fesature I've not used.

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com
http://www.WhiteKnightHackers.com