Re: How does the email conduit work?

On 27 Aug 1999, Christopher A. Craig wrote:

> I have the backup conduit working, and I have the email conduit turned
> on in control-center, but it doesn't seem to be sending email?  What

That conduit is almost blackbox magic and requires almost no settings. I
think the only thing that can break is if your sendmail is not in
/usr/lib, which the conduit defaults to. And since the conduits capplet
isn't done, you cannot set the sendmail exec easily.

If your sendmail is somewhere else, create the file
~/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/email-conduit with the following contents :

[Pilot_%u]
sendmail=/path/to/sendmail -args-to-sendmail (typically -t -i)

where %u is the id assigned to the pilot (Pilot User ID in the pilot link
capplet).

/dev/eskil